Lesly Goh (LinkedIn Profile) is the World Bank Group Chief Technology Officer and Director of Enterprise Architecture and Technology. Her expertise is in leveraging Cloud technology to deliver agile solutions for the Sustainability Development Goals. Her focus is on the intersection of technology and policy frameworks to address Development challenges in FinTech, RegTech, GovTech and Healthcare. She has worked extensively on the practical application of Disruptive Technology such as Blockchain, AI and IoT.
Her advocacy is to empower Women and Girls to achieve the highest potential with Technology as the Equalizer. Here is her TEDxTalk and her story https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/leaving-microsoft-empower-women-change-world-lesly-goh/
A few strategic initiatives where she applied Disruptive Technology to address Development challenges:
1. Implementation of Bond issuance on Blockchain, which raised 110M AUD on Aug 23, 2018
2. Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Famine – project was announced at the United Nation General Assembly on Sept 23, 2018
She served as the Senior Technology Advisor for the following Development initiatives:
• Indonesia Ministry of Finance – Digital Transformation of Public Finance Management
• Improved Villages Service Delivery Program for 75,000 villages in Indonesia using technology as new pathways to address the gaps in rural infrastructure, jobs and human capital as well as rural connectivity and digital inclusion.
• Vietnam eGov strategy to build Digital Economy for job creation and greater citizen engagement
• Support for MENA Moonshot goal on Digital Economy to create jobs for Youth and address gender gap
• Bali FinTech Agenda Chapeau Paper launched at the Annual Meeting in October 2018
Lesly’s experience in the private sector covers a broad spectrum ranging from Capital Markets, Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset Management, Development Banks and Financial Data Providers. She is recognized as a thought leader in the industry, especially in FinTech and the use of Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain technologies as a new frontier for disrupting the traditional business model in Financial Services.
Lesly is a mentor/advisor for several FinTech startups in Asia and a Fellow at Singapore University of Social Sciences. Lesly has been an advocate for Women in Technologies and academia for students in STEM such as DigiGirlz from her background in Computer Engineering and Mathematics. She is also a key contributor for Cloud Platform in the working group with IFC and Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) for the ASEAN Financial Innovation Network (AFIN initiative). As part of her continuous support for Singapore Smart Nation, she was appointed as the Board Member of Singapore GovTech.
Lesly is a certified Data Architect and worked on many high-profile Data and AI initiatives in highly regulated industries such as Financial Services, Healthcare/Life Sciences and Smart Cities. For over 20 years, she specialized in Advanced Analytics such as BI/Analytics, Data Mining, Data Visualization, Machine Learning, Pattern Matching, Forecasting model, and Semantic Analysis. She brings a balance of technology specialty and business strategy from the Management Consulting background at Deloitte.